Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The only dew I grow: D. falconeri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BlueMax!

I like how the tentacles on the distal edges of each leaf are longer, and then on the top they're like stubble. Also when it catches prey it slowly folds and rolls its leaf pad around it, I'll have to get a shot of that as well, its pretty cool. Thats not dew on the leaves, its water. I just placed it in a larger pot and used a mister to clean the leaves of the substrate I inadvertently got on the sticky leaves.

I've not tried it on this plant but has anyone thats grown these propagated them by leaf pulling? if so using just the standard leaf pull technique?
    Last edited by Flip_Side_the_Pint; 08-27-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info kula that would do well with my D. Petioles cause it loves the high heat and humidity aswell. Much easier them making a new make shift area like for my HL neps. Its funny how the LLs used to be in that area and now i had to put the HL in that area since this crazy great wave this year and use it for lower temps then i did my LLs lol!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a beauty! What I do is pull a clump of leaves and place them in the media. A few weeks later they strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you'll be having some trade bait their soon Flip!
    Im drooling already thinking about the VFTs u have that i don't have yet now i gatta add this to my drool list of plants u have! Lol

*Jim u must have a bunch of awsome dew umm surprised I haven't seen to many photo threads of your plants i kno u have a bunch of great pings from our trade! But i would love to see your other stuff too someday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12