Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sundew SOS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the plastic making up the bottles themselves seems to have warped from the heat. Sorry friend, but I think that those plants are pretty much gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eeek! Totally enclosed in hot weather with no air circulation...yikes! Sorry hun check the roots..but idk what could save these guys now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also why would u put them in a 'death cube', just wondering cause the change in temps and humidity is enough to cause them to get even more furthur from acclimating to your temperatures where you keep them. Well we've all been here before I'm sure..maybe not as crispy but one way or another. Sorry hun about your plants better luck just leaving them be to get used to their surroundings and be patient next time Goodluck hun
    Last edited by KATastrophe; 09-30-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was the best place for them at the time. Clearly enclosed terrariums outside are not a good idea. I imagine the temperature hit 120 or 130. The plastic is not melted! They are distorted from me squeezing them to fit more in my terrarium which does not have enough space. I have plenty of VFTs, and 2 very healthy baby Sundews that could eventually take their place. I am really sad about the giant Butterwort though. All I have now is a tiny Butterwort species with dew on only one side of its leaves. I'll keep these dead plants around for awhile and hope for the best. I found Sundews to be quite resilient one time I almost threw away a dead one but instead put it outside and several months later I noticed it grew a new plant =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12