Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera babies all the way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drosera babies all the way!

Can you guys please help me identify some plants here?
    I know for sure that the lots of them (loads and red) are capensis red. The one flowering is spathulata? And i recognise the two small burmannii.
    Cheers and i'll come with updates!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is difficult to tell. When they are that small, many species of Drosera look too similar. I'm not even comfortable trying to guess yet. Definitely keep us posted and provide updates as they grow and develop.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of your plants are way too young to ID, and most need more light. The flowering plant, from the leaf shape, I'm going to guess it tokaiensis, but again it needs more light.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, and here I thought I had a lot of babies. I wish I could help ID them, but all I know is that I have the same kind as some of the larger ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flowering plant seems to be in the the spatulata complex. It's quite hard to get an ID for it considering the amount of sundews that look like that.
    Last edited by TS 1989; 10-25-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The D.burmannii at the bottom of photo #3 is plain enough to see. The mass of seedlings in photo #5 are mostly likely D.capensis. The rest, including the flowering one appear to be D.spatulata but as previously stated your plants need a lot more light. Upgrade the lighting on them and give them a bit more time then try posting some more pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    The D.burmannii at the bottom of photo #3 is plain enough to see. The mass of seedlings in photo #5 are mostly likely D.capensis. The rest, including the flowering one appear to be D.spatulata but as previously stated your plants need a lot more light. Upgrade the lighting on them and give them a bit more time then try posting some more pics.
    Yeep, these two I knew also, because the D capensis are my seeds, and by the way, if someone near Romania needs D. Capensis var. alba and typical Red, i'll be more than happy to send some ; and Burmannii are pretty straight forward...they're some brilliant droseras
    Last edited by takitza; 10-26-2015 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I can see the burmanii, and maybe some capensis or spathulata. Wait a little longer, till they get older.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast