Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what to feed drosera with?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use pulverized freezed dried bloodworms, sprinkled on the leaves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how fast I want them to grow. To maximize growth, every time I see the tentacles expanded and dewy, it's time to go to work!

Fish food works, but in my hobby greenhouse, where I don't get good air circulation, any physical food will begin getting moldy. Even small pieces of fish food. So I tend to like chemical fertilizers because they are cleaner and safer for the plants in the dilutions that I apply them. And as a horticulturist, I know what I'm getting out of them--there's a set and balanced amount of nutrients being applied, whereas for bugs and such, it's kind of a random "grab bag."
    Last edited by theplantman; 12-06-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I do is use up some cockroaches I find in the garage. First, I split the really big ones in half and put it blood-side down on the leaves. The small ones I just step on the outside and put 'em on! Yeah, it's gross but that's how I do it! Also, my collection is pretty small so it's reliable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRAXXUS View Post
    All I do is use up some cockroaches I find in the garage. First, I split the really big ones in half and put it blood-side down on the leaves. The small ones I just step on the outside and put 'em on! Yeah, it's gross but that's how I do it! Also, my collection is pretty small so it's reliable.
    Gruesome, yet effective. I actually chuckled a bit imagining a person acting this out. You certainly earn effort and creativity points!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldnt have the stomache for that haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12