Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera Graomogolensis Feeding

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The state of health of your plant, as well as the conditions it's in, will affect the amount of food it can take at any one time. High humidity, low circulation, low light, or an adjusting plant will tend to make it so that large food items won't be dealt with properly and will mold or rot instead. On the other hand, plants as big as graomogolensis or latifolia will readily catch flies and other larger insects in the wild, so clearly with the right care they can take it.....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    The state of health of your plant, as well as the conditions it's in, will affect the amount of food it can take at any one time. High humidity, low circulation, low light, or an adjusting plant will tend to make it so that large food items won't be dealt with properly and will mold or rot instead. On the other hand, plants as big as graomogolensis or latifolia will readily catch flies and other larger insects in the wild, so clearly with the right care they can take it.....
    I fed my latifolia fish food not long after recieving it, so perhaps that explains why the tentacles got a little messed up.

I always prefer the occasional spray of diluted Maxsea. It is much gentler, and my sundews seem to appreciate it, especially D. slackii, which easily burns.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All my Drosera get one or a mix of dried bloodworms and Maxsea, typically no issues are seen if individual pieces of the hard food are small (even if a lot is given), or the fertilizer is dilute enough.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12