What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

regarding a pygmy sundew mishap...

Hey y'all. Any of you ever get a pot o' pygmies knocked off their shelf? Did they live? Someone knocked a couple of my prized lil ones down today and disturbed the media quite a bit. I for sure lost a couple in the clean up :thumbdown::headwall::cry:, but the others managed to stay mostly in contact with their media. However, I'm worried that the fall/cleanup might have shocked the roots too much for them to live through their harrowing adventure. Do y'all have experiences like this that have ended more or less well? Is there hope? (I'm particularly invested in one of the pots that fell so I'm hoping they'll recover eventually).

Windblown curtains knocked a pot of D. lasiantha off my windowsill a few months ago. I just righted the pot and scooped the media and plants gently back in place as well as I could. I filled in the missing media with fresh sand and watered it down to settle everything. Doesn't seem to have any effect on the growth.

Just hope for the best and don't worry about it. All you need is one to survive to produce gemmae in the winter and you'll have a dozen or more plants at the end of winter.

Safe to say most of them survived. Just gotta wait for gemmae season now! Thank you for indulging my paranoid plant-parent worries :beer:

Back