Today I deflasked a new Drosera hartmeyerorum. This is my second attempt at getting this species out of Tissue Culture. I bought this one from a different source. It has definite root nubs on the bottom, not just a callus.
This time I sterilized my growing medium. I cooked a 2:1 Sand:Peat mix at 15 psi for 45 minutes. This should prevent outside contamination. I rinsed the plant under tepid running water instead of just soaking it in water. This should do a better job of removing the Agar.
I potted it up in a 3 cup yogurt container with a transparent snap on lid. I set it in a bright spot away from direct sunlight. I will open the lid a little bit every day to acclimate it.
Wish me luck. I hope I learned a little bit from mistakes with my previous one.
Incidentally, my seed grown hartmeyerorum is starting to look like a real plant. It's 3/4 inch tall and I saw a yellow trichome on a leaf the other day, the closest gland to the stalk.