Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fungicide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Okay, I give up, this stuff isn't going away without a fungicide. What chemicals are exceptable for sundew and what strength should I be looking for? I can't go by brand names because every brand name product sugested to me so far is not for sale in the area (and I'd rather not mail order).

For those wondering about the fungi, it followed my baby sundews from their not so good growing conditions into their good growing conditions. It doesn't seem to bother them much, but I'm sick of it coming back every time I remove it (Alcohal got rid of the other 3 pests from the old soil though [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img])
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Darcie, are you increasing airflow to you plants (if they are in a terrarium) and/or top water your plants at least once a week? I hear this works well.

Jeremy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, it's just that these little plants dry out quite easy. The Fungi (a sticky long fiberd mold), finds safty in the dewy leaves of my plants. Through various non-toxic chemical methoids, I've removed 3 other fungi, and 2 algea things just fine. It's just this blasted other one that gives me trouble. Perhaps I can try using a mister to beat it down a few million times and see if it gives up. Thanks for the sugestion.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

captan works well for me, although it tends to dry out my sundews a bit. It might be that I'm using too high a concentration of the chemical though. Either way, it kills the fungus dead! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img] hehe
    http://homepage.mac.com/mindmaze128/...lood forum.jpg
    Joel Martínez
    San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA