Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for the sundew that wraps around its prey. I am not sure if all cape sundews wrap there prey like andaconda. I know I saw someone post a cape sundew but I would like know were you can order one on the web?

Thanks,
    Travis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have many cape sundews (cuz they spread like weeds, even into other pots!) and mine seem to exhibit a lot of movement under proper conditions. As to where you can acquire some of the plants online you could try ********************.com (that is where I have gotten all my plants besides ones bought at a local nursery and the butterwort I won from this site). I know it isnt fair to post other CP sellers on this site but I don't think this site sells the plants Travis wants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cape sundews do wrap around its prey, so its pretty cool! I have a bunch for trade or sale, and ********** also has other drosera for sale! Message me to work something out (like a trade or sale)< im not trying to advertise against pft as always..just to let you guys know..im just trying to help. Because it seems ******************** is kinda pricey. >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are easy to get a hold of. Don't sweat trying to find someone. Try ****** carnivors...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    california carnivores is very pricey you get a small plant and all plants are &#367.50+. Small plant big pot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certain plants are large at California Carnivores. Cape sundews I saw there 2 years ago were 3"-4" diameter each with 2 plants in one pot. And I got a S.Rubra ssp Rubra that was very colorful about 5" tall with so many growing points I lost my count when I tried counting. They grew much larger the following year (one inch mouths), and some drosera sprouted out nowhere! I guess they got stratified over that winter. Unfortunatly the plant died from fungus during the following winter [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img].

Ceph, your from San Francisco, you should visit California Carnivores after the place is done moving. It'll probably only take about an hour or so drive, took me about an hour and a half from Pleasant Hill. I plan to visit again this summer to see the new greenhouse and build my collection of 6 plants.

(Edited by Statik2426 at 9[img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]4 pm on April 18, 2002)

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you order from B-Dean (******) be prepared for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG wait and poor response to email. Customer service ain't his forte.

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis, if you want a large cape sundew, try Home Depot. California Carnivores is definitely a pricey place to buy plants from. Better yet, post this in the "trade" forum on this site. The cape sundew grows like a weed and I'm sure a lot of us (myself not included, yet) would be more than happy to part with a couple of these plants.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast