What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

now im very  confused

Whats the different between a sundew an a venus flytrap an What Does a venus Flytrap look like?

i just posted a picture in the other thread man, reply in the other thread

venus fly trap has bulbs, i showed you the pictures

YO is there any difference in takeing care of a sundew an a venus flytrap.... an its a venus fly Trap

OK, you got a venus fly trap
smile.gif

they need to stand in 1/2 inch of water. and there soil needs to be damp, not soaking wet, and if the soil dries, it dies
make sure the tray is always full, and dont over do it, and do not water from above, place it in the sun for a while, wen the water is gone from the tray, take the VFT inside, and re water it

using DISTILLED water

thats about it, if you can take a cup and cover it so humidity gathers up, i have my 2 vfts in a small 2 1/2 gallon terrarium, it will fit about 3 more pots, and i want i have a common, a dente, and i want to get the green dragon and red

its my own little terrarium for the VFT's

my other plants are in a 10 galon terrarium

No i have a sundew im sure Cause it looks just like the picture..... so what do i need 2 do 2 keep it healthy an growing?

All right! Enough! If your plant has a mobile "mouth" or "jaws" you have got a Venus Flytrap. Congratulations! If your plant is dewy looking with drops of dew all over it's leaves you have got a sundew. I Congratulate you again! Now, which one is it. We can help you out if you just simply answer my question. OK?

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I am sorry but you gotta admit this is kinda funny
smile.gif

Agree with Clown, this is hilarious!!

Nep G - great answer.
If he can't work it out from that, it's a worry.

Cheers, fatboy.

Say man

Don't be confused.

If you click the buy a plant link at the top left of your screen. You can see what you have.

Then when you figure it all out. Let us know.

And yes, there are different ways to care for each, so to best help you we need a starting point
smile.gif

I think that he left because i havent seen him here in a while

=[

Maybe it's the rare hybrid Venus sun-fly-dew plant.
:eek:
My apologies... just ribbin ya man.

(Edited by Dyflam at 9:18 am on Mar. 16, 2002)

Woooooow..........
Alright. Are the leaves covered with hairs, or are there three in the middle, and then after that, just the teeth. If it has teeth, and not hair all over, then its a veeenus flytraaap... The one whos dew glistens in the sun is a suun deww............

my appologies for my snobbery.... i m that way.

Ok you all...

Be nice or you all are grounded with no MTV
smile.gif

wait a minute...wait a minute...

after further review...its not a flytrap or a sundew....

its a cactus and im in the wrong forum....

Hey guys, take it easy. He came here for help not to be made fun of.

Pyro

Back