What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHAT IS IT ?

I got a plant at lowes  about 2 weeks ago and it is what looks to be a drosera adelea but its not rosetted,its leaves are growing up a stem, do drosera adelea do this? It seems to be growing well in very warm temperatures, i was under the impresion that D.adelea did not fare well in temps in the 80 and 90's. Any body have any idea what i have ?

thanks

Joel

Adelae is indeed a stem former, and there are few species that have leaves similar to adelae, and these you would not find at Lowe's. Your plant is almost certainly adelae.

If it was a Botanical Wonders plant, in a square box...

Then it is D. adelae.

I have not seen any other plant that they offer
smile.gif

I agree with Tamilin the great!!

Its a adelea then, it was a botanical wonders plant in a square box, with a S. purpea and a venus fly trap. little expensive, but good starters for my little brother,he paid for them so hes bound to take good care of them, hopefully.
I gave him a drosera capensis a large venus fly trap  a beautiful little S. purpea and a S. leucophyla a while ago and he let them die. So these are kinda test plants to see wether or not hes worhty of more. But i cant help but to admit when i saw that drosera adelea alive and gleeming among all those withering plants my heart skipped a beat and i probely would have spent my whole budget for the month to save that one plant.
biggrin.gif

thanks
                 Joel

Back