What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A michigan fen

Attached are some pictures from a local fen.  I also posted pictures from my visit in the Conservation Station, Pitcher Plants, Sundews and Utricularia forums.

There were many Drosera spatulata hidden in the grass and sedges of this fen.

Spat2.jpg

Spat5.jpg

Spat9.jpg

Just wanted to share.

It's great to see healthy wild populations of CPs!
biggrin.gif

Awsome, Glenn.
smile.gif
It still amazes me to see them in the wild (in pics) since I only get to see them in pots.
confused.gif
You are very lucky!

What area do you live in?

Thanks for sharing. Just beautiful.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

I live in Fenton, MI which is just South of Flint (North of Detroit). The fen is about 15 minutes from my house. I'm very lucky to have this spot so near my house! Michigan has quite a few sites with CPs. I'm just beginning to explore them. My goal is to see every native Michigan CP growing in the wild. My count is 16 (it may be more) and I have 11 to go.

Hi Glenn,
Nice pics! I'm pretty sure those aren't D. spatulata, but rather D. rotundifolia....

Need a more expert eye, though.

I agree with Schloaty, those look much more like Rotundifolia rather than spatulata. Nice pics!
Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ July 29 2003,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi Glenn,
  Nice pics!  I'm pretty sure those aren't D. spatulata, but rather D. rotundifolia....

Need a more expert eye, though.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
LOL, I was just about to say the same thing. Spatulata doesn't grow in MI, just rotundifolia, intermedia and linearis.

Your right!!! Sorry for the typo. My brain and my fingers were not in sinc.
sad.gif

Darcie,

You forgot D. anglica.

why won't these pics load for mw? they are just white boxes with a red "x"

It's a 5 year old thread, the links are probably too old to work or the pics were deleted or something.

Well, this was about 5 years ago, so they probably did something with the pictures.

:redx: :redx: :redx:

Are you using Imageshack? THAT might explain it.......................

Back