Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmm, neem oil vs. b. liniflora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys, I guess there are few other cp's that I could have picked that would have been worse than this guy to try this stuff out on. But, it had to be done. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

I soaked the substrate of B. liniflora with some Schultz fungucide3 last night. Supposedly it's "garden safe", and schultz said it "should" be fine for cp's. The only real active ingredient in it seems to be neem oil. So...who think i'm gonna go home and find I burned a hole through my byblis? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea!

I had a post similar to this asking if it was safe to use Schultz fungucide3 in 1 but no one responded..

I guess you be one of the first to experiment with Schultz fungucide 3 in 1.

If you have good results plz post your results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I also sprayed a little on a N. rafflesiana. So, I guess neps will be the next guinea pig. I really don't think it would be a good idea for pings, but the rest should be ok maybe. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

Drosera may become a test subject as well, but i'm still weary of actually spraying the plant with the stuff. It seems like it being oil would decimate the dew glands...but depending on the species it should recover. Most of the pests and such that I would need this for would be in or on the substrate anyway, so we'll just try washing them out at first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neem oil in a fungicide? Hadn't heard of that one before.

I try and avoid oil anything. 99% of the time damage is caused by the oil if it is the active ingredient or the oil carrier if it is an oil based solution. I have rarely had a problem even when trying new chemicals if it is a water based formula or powder mixed with water.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I figured the oil was the bad part. But, it was my only choice yesterday and I was getting annoyed with some little pests.

It's apparently something like .001% hydrophobic extract of neem oil, i'm not sure what the rest is...that could be a problem. They say it's safe around pets (which is a plus to a lot of us) and it biodegrades in 2-3 weeks...which hopefully if the plant pulled through, wouldn't have much of a residual effect on it.

I'm going to keep testing it just so there's some actual facts on its usage, and i'll inform schultz so they can let others know if it's bad for them.

I guess the common solution is what, orthene?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I will also experiment. I'm going to need a fungicide before I put my plants in the fridge for dormancy.

I wish I could find someone thats sells orthene in my area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (LenG444 @ Sep. 05 2003,4:04)
    I guess I will also experiment. I'm going to need a fungicide before I put my plants in the fridge for dormancy.

I wish I could find someone thats sells orthene in my area.[/QUOTE]
    PFT sells two different types of fungucide. Cleary's 3336 works as far as I can tell. Definately helped with damp off on sarracenia seeds.

If you can't find orthene, try diazinon or sevin from what i've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just brought this stuff today . i have read some where its very safe to use and has been tested on all cps ( i would'nt bet on that ) but i'm guessing its safe . i don't know if its really an oil , i think its just what they call it . its an extract from a tree found in india and its is gquite harmless to all wildlife , it had even been used for animals as well , the only thing it will harm are bugs and fungus . this is what i've heard , may have heard from some place with info on orchids or a co website .

9. Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast