What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hope you like more

so here is D. jacoby
jacoby.jpg

and D. slackii
salckii.jpg

enjoy those photos my friends
arie

(Edited by arie at 1
wow.gif
1 pm on May 25, 2002)

Nice picture of the jacoby but the slackii isn't working.

small mistake now it should work

Looks good  
smile.gif

(Edited by Merlin at 8:42 am on May 25, 2002)

Great pics, Arie! Lucky you to have slackii. Would love to have one. The d. jacoby looks great too. Hmmm...add another one to my list.
smile.gif

Suzanne

WONDERFUL!

Never heard of D. jacoby. But nice to see for the first time ever.

I am not sure...but is D.jacoby a valid species? I have seen it listed as D.'Jacoby'.

Droser 'jacoby' is an illegitimate species, probably another natalensis variant along the lines of venusta which I also question the validity of.

Arie, the slackii looks just like aliciae, slackii has much shorter and more truncate lamina.

Keep those photos coming!

I have look at your photo too and they look the same as mine
the aliciae leaf base is narrow then at slackii and as I have both I can compare
also the slackii is much larger and I hope soon it would have flowers so it could give the final answer
arie

Thanks Arie, the photo of a flower should help. If they are really slackii then they are really HUGE, but this is not impossible with a thumb as green as yours!!

slackii is also a darker red colour, with square leaf tips and a characteristic narrow 'waist' halfway along the leaf. I have seen plants at 10 cm diameter, so they get big too!

Back