Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaves Turning Brown!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the leaves on my drosera are turning this orangy brown along the edges. Most of the plant looks healthy. What could it be from? How much light do drosera spathulata need in a terrarium setting? Maybe it's getting too much? It's not getting direct... [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like low humidity. Most droserae like spathulata prefer high humidity in the 70's and greater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the newer leaves turning brown, or just the older ones near the bottom? The older ones will die as new ones replace them. Since most of the plant looks healthy, I just thought I would add this...
    John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked to see if it was just the old ones and it looks like it's new and old. And it seems that more and more of the plant is getting brown. How would I get the humidity up. It's in a terrarium and i spray distilled water in the terrarium (not directly on the plant) but on the glass and on the soil surrounding the plant. I don't want to have to put another plastic thing over it in the terrarium because then it won't be able to catch any food but I will if that's the only alternative. Any one no of any way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds odd that even the new leaves are turning brown. older ones always turn brown sooner or later. An easy way to increase humidty is by taking a water bottle, cutting the top off (like 3 inches starting from the top), on screw the top, and place it over the plant. Insect can still get in from the top and when a flower stalk comes up, it can grow out of the opening. Mist the sides and palnt when under the cobver. good luck-Zach
    Taproot, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Alkaline Trio, Eleventeen, Deadsy, AFI...what's not to love?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that problem with my D. adelae. I originally had mine out in the open air and later found out it was the humidity. The new leaves would come out and no due was on the leaves then the leaf would soon die. So, I threw out the bigger Adelae into the woods and had a little shoot coming up. After that bought a 10 gallon fish tank stuck it in to see what would happen. Now I have 12 in one 8' inch pot. It has been one year now since I have had the Adelae. I would just keep on trying new ideas until something works. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Hope that helps a little.

travis
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone I finally figured out the problem and thought I'd let everyone know that it was actually my repotting job. Sad, huh? They were all in such a tight cluster that some of them weren't eve in the ground and so they were dying. I'd never seen a sundew in person before so I didn't realize that there were actually nine plants in the cluster. Live and learn. Thanks again.

Shoopdawoop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if we could have a forum for people that have questionsa obut dieing plants, becasue there seems to be so many, it could be usefull to have its own forum. no offence to anyone!
    Oh boy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast