What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera dielsiana

Since the post on South African species is getting some good results I thought I would open some threads to keep things sorted.

Please add your comments, thoughts and photos/links on Drosera dielsiana to this thread. Thanks!

Dielsiana is a real beauty! It can get to be silver dollar sized, and turns a beautiful red in good light. I can recognize this species at a glance, and that always makes me happy, unlike so many of the South African's. It's an easy grower too, and comes froom seed to flowering adult quickly. There are no dormancy considerations as in many of the other SA's, no photoperiod demands or requirements, and it seeds like a weed.

Wow, I am definately getting that plant. I would like to break ground with some of the harder species but don't want to get the hardest one and then just kill it. I'm gonna have to order one. Do they self seed or do they have to be cross pollinated? What's the exact name of the silver dollar sized one? Is that one harder then other species of dielsiana?

I have 2 forms of dielsiana, both very similar, but one type always produces larger rosettes with more numerous leaves.  There is no other name for this, it conforms in all respects to the description for dielsiana, but larger than most I have grown.  It is identical in culture as well. Both readily self seed, and the seed grows quickly into mature plants

Back