What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello sundew lovers

I have a small cape sundew (have had it for about a week now) it receives good amount of sun most of the day. I have noticed though that small red bloches have been showing up on some of the leaves (they don't move so they're not mites) are the red spots a good thing (like redness on a Venus Fly Trap) or is this something I should be worried about?

Thanx for your help, L.A. Traphole

If the plant has been greenhouse grown in low light conditions (i.e. if the leaves are green) it should be  gradually acclimated to higher light.  The deepeing color in the leaves of sundews is an overall and gradual thing normally.  It could be that your plant has suffered some sunburn or possibly some sort of fungal attack - only time will tell.  It could also be that the plant is just responding differently under your different conditions, but I would keep a  eye on it.

Back