What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey... A Stalk!  

RamPuppy

Just thought I would let you know my spath sent up a flower stalk, and instead of growing flowers, it popped up a baby spath on the end of it. How cool is that!

Hi Rampuppy,
That is a first for me, well done!! You must photograph it!

I have a first, not for VFT, but a 'royal red' has done the plantlet on the flowerstalk thing for me. Makes a change from the regular greens doing it!

My flower stalks started as one, then split into two! Half of it is one, while the other half is two.

Did it touch the ground or form the plantlet in the humid ari around it? I am VERY interested!

Wow...that's cool. Pic??

suzanne

This demonstrates how the sepals are really modified leaves. I have the same thing happening on my Drosera burmanii.

Who are you reffering to?

I am addressing RamPuppy, who started this post with his observation of the spatulata plantlett at the end of the flower scape. RamPuppy, is it a full plant, or just a leaf or 2? I have heard of both happening. For me it is just a few leaves modified from the sepals surrounding the bud.

Yeah, that is pretty cool Mr. Ram!

Back