What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When it's spring, there's flowers!

this spatulata has been flowering non-stop since november:
Drosera%20Spatulata.jpg

That's beautiful, Spectabilis73. I would love to own a spatulata that big. Your very lucky!
smile.gif

Thanks for the complement, pressure!
smile.gif

Drosera capensis
capensis.jpg

Drosera capensis engulfing a fly!
engulfing fly.jpg

Drosra intermedia given to me by Jerimiah
intermedia.jpg

Pressure---
I'm located in southern California where our humidity is always VERY low and I successfull grow outdoors Drosera spatulata, slackii, binata and all it's forms, capensis, and rotundifolia along with other rosetted sundews that I don't have IDs for. Just keep the pots nice and wet. In the hot summer months, I simply place a potted bonsai tree near the pots to shield them from the blinding afternoon sun and they always have dew and grow nicely.

WOW!! Beautiful.

The humidity is high earlier in the summer and can be nearly unbearable, but it dries out latter. I think the high humidity is due to all the farms nearby.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ludwig777 @ Mar. 23 2003,08:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pressure---
I'm located in southern California where our humidity is always VERY low and I successfull grow outdoors Drosera spatulata, slackii, binata and all it's forms, capensis, and rotundifolia along with other rosetted sundews that I don't have IDs for.  Just keep the pots nice and wet.  In the hot summer months, I simply place a potted bonsai tree near the pots to shield them from the blinding afternoon sun and they always have dew and grow nicely.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I've been getting good results by planting low in the pot and surrounding the plant with a blanket of LFS. I "lost" one plant, only to find it coming up out of the sphagnum!

Back