Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D. regia seedling problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grow mine as an undrained semi aquatic in live sphagnum. I have always lost plants previously using the "excellent drainage, allow them to dry slightly" protocol given by some growers. Now my plant (which was started from a leaf cutting) has 9 inch leaves and never a bit of problem, it grows like D. capensis (I know that is a problem species in Singapore as well&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]. It likes cool conditions. Seedlings are notorious for dying off for just about everyone.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guqin,

I've lost two regia seeds to damp-off. One had fungus growing on it. The other just rotted.

Now, I have the third one on the live sphagnum you gave me...hehe, it's quite a miracle portion, not potion. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

It's still growing despite having lost a bit of its end to fungus...I'm hopeful and keep an eye on it everyday. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had about 7 regia seeds germinate for me here in S'pore. Now I have only 4 left. The pot is also infested with algae/slime. However, one has started to grow carnivorous leaves, ie. with some dew on it. Shld I repot them now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I'm no expert, but I thought I remembered hearing that D. Regia didn't like repotting...

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm no expert with this species either, but Pinguiculaman routinely dumps his plants out and trims the roots for new plant material. He does this monthly and has some 90 plants or so now. I think the idea is to be gentle in the process.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My D. petiolaris complex seeds germinated after about 6 months. I dont know if that is normal but hang in there Guqin, they may sprout sooner or later.

I also just had some D.Regia seed sprout. As I have really wanted to get a D.Regia for some time ( no one sells them in Canada but if any one will ship me an established cutting or small plant I would gladly pay). My plan of attack is that I have a couple seedlings in my Drosera terrarium a couple in my Nep tank and a couple in one of those mini seed starter terrariums. I figure one of these is going to have to work out lol

Andre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try the 'keep relatively dry' method since the 'keep moist/wet' method does not seem to be working. Will keep you all informed if anything survives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have gotten petiolaris dews to germinate quickly using bottom heat. Paradoxa is the easiest to grow sp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast