Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dividing Sundews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I have roughly 15 D. Adalaes in one 8' inch pot (that was stupid of me ). Now, I would like to separate them into different 3'inch pots. These are shoots off from the original Adalae and I want to be careful of the roots. So, if you have any suggestions it would be helpful to me on how to seperate them?

Now the second part...hehehe. Once I do that I would like to share the wealth with the members of PFT forums.(it would really be hard to share with everyone with 600 members and probably send me to the poor house too) . You have all done a great job helping me and much appreciated. I will make another post in the trading forum when I am all set to go. As I need to get some more pots and find some small boxes for shipping. Also have to see how much the shipping will cost and how many I want to ship. So it may take a bit of time before sending out the plants.

Thanks,
    travis

ps
    This will also give me experience on shipping plants.
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I seperated my rotundifolia I ended up killing a few of them just becasue the roots were so long. Then again I was seperating them inside of a terrarium and I couldn't dump all of the peat out. Since your pulling out the entire kabob just make sure that your gentle when untangling the roots. I don't know if this species has the same root length as rotudifolia but hte whole #### plant is root. Good luck and if you do decide to trade plants or give for sase send me a message because I'm always looking to try out new species and would love to trade if possible. Shauntell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would probably be smart to use a root rake like they use in bonsai, to seperate and trim roots. You should also use teeny, tiny scissors to cut any roots that don't give !@#*
    Just my $0.02
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Travis, I would just recomend keeping the humidity as high as possible. Large zip lock bags work great, just keep them out of direct sun. Good luck, Jack
    'Celebrate the birth of our nation by blowing a little piece of it up'.The Simpsons.
    My grow list ~http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=107403

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea... Pamper the babies... Put them in little baggies and in dappled sunlight as to not overheat the bags...

To get them off I would take the whole plant out and just sorta with your fingers ever so gently untangle them... Like shoelaces...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put them in plastic bags? I was going to put them in 3'inch pots and send some out. I am guessing you mean putting plastic bags over the pot for humidity. I have been keeping my sundews in a 10-gallon terrarium so thet get the artificial light (little do they know... ).

It is roughly going to cost $3.20 to ship each plant out - I will have to see how many I can get out of the bunch. I just need to find pots then I am all set to transplant.

Thanks,
    travis
    -- Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COOL! Did you get 'em seperated?
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet..I need to get more three inch pots, I currently only have one 3'inch pot. I plan on getting more soon.

travis
    -- Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast