What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what my sundew caught!

fly1.jpg

fly2.jpg

I was taking a pic of my VFT which had just trapped a fly (cld still hear the fly flapping its wings inside&#33
wink.gif
, then a fly landed on my thread sundew. So I switched to taking pics of that. Then another fly landed on another thread beside it! So there u have it... Phew. I witnessed quite a lot of insect captures in one day
biggrin.gif

Awesome! A lot of my sundews aren't big enough to catch flies just yet, but my Cape Sundew and my adelae have actually caught them before. Really cool pics. What kind of sundews are they?

My D. regia had no less than 6 struggling flies on it yesterday the pig! It is very good at what it does!

Sundews are really great at catching insects
smile.gif
Then again, maybe it's becos the caught insects are exposed so they appear to catch the most insects. I had a peep down the pitchers of my Neps... there were just so many dead ants
wink.gif

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong (cos the plant came as seeds and was unlabelled), I think it's a D.filiformis ssp. filiformis?

I'll be getting some D.Regia seeds quite soon... Tamlin: are they easy to germinate?

Many thanks!

Yes that is filliformis ssp filliformis...looks like the wife fly got caught,a nd when the husband fly tried to rescue her he got caught too&#33
wink.gif

Back