What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You!

Just would like to thank TamlinD Dawnstar for sending me seeds.  I will do my best to make sure the Cape sundew(s) thrives and later on propagate and spread the wealth of seeds. :cool:

Travis

(Edited by Travis at 11:11 am on April 25, 2002)

Travis,

I just want to say that the PFT community loves to hear that kind attitude.

Keep on growing, both your plants and your good ways

Pyro

No sir, Thank You. Every seed I send that finds a home gives me joy: it is one more chance that a good decicated grower will enter the community! It is one more chance that the plants will have a place in the Stewardships they so desperately need if they are to be
present for my grandchildren's children to appreciate. They called to you for this chance, and you responded, as have so many others. I believe there is a reason we all love these plants, a kind of psychic symbiosis! The wonder and appreciation for these species have called to the most highly evolved souls from Darwin up to you, and it is my deepest pleasure to provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your love for these organic beings. Please keep this tradition alive, and share your seeds and knowledge freely, and together we may bring these plants into a new century and beyond. For good or ill we are now part of their evolution: we have eroded their habitats in the name of consumerism and commodification: this is the ill we have done that future generations will hold us accountable for. The good will come from only those of us with the heart and mind to realize and appreciate these miracles of evolution, and from our attempts to preserve them for future ages. I think you can add their thanks to my own for your willingness to do this work.

Tamlin Dawnstar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Travis on 11
wow.gif
9 am on April 25, 2002
Just would like to thank TamlinD Dawnstar for sending me seeds.  I will do my best to make sure the Cape sundew(s) thrives and later on propagate and spread the wealth of seeds. :cool:

Travis

(Edited by Travis at 11:11 am on April 25, 2002)
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Not meaning to leave anyone out of the loop...I will say Thank You to everyone out their that contributes to this Forum and helping spread the knowledge (donating, giving, trading, spreading the word by mouth i.e. enthusiasm, helping others, not giving up when one CP dies) of these unique fantastic plants that we all share.

Thanks Again,

Travis
:biggrin:

My Cape Sundews germinated on Sunday, 16 days after sowing. First I could just see 4 seedlings but now theres so much I can't even count! How long will it be until they are flowering size? If that free seed bank ever happens i'd be happy to donate some.

Good Luck growing your seed!
smile.gif

(Edited by Statik2426 at 7:53 pm on April 25, 2002)

My capensis's and dichotoma's germinated too! They are big enough to see..... Its really neat, and fun to watch.
Thanks Tamlin!

wink.gif

Statik you will want to seperate the seedlings once they are a little larger, they will grow way faster and get larger that way.

Tamlin, thanks also for the seeds, nine varieites of what you sent me have germinated thus far.

Noah

Back