What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No dew

hay guys,
i received a drosera slackii about 2 weeks ago. i is producing new leaves all the time but there is no dew on the plant at all.
the plant is in a terrarium about 79 F and is about 14 inches away from 4 20watt lights.can someone help?

thanks
mike

Its possible the humidity level is too low. What are the other growing conditions of the plant?

Light
Humidity
Watering method
Soil mix

Nick

the slackii i sent you was growing in a typical potted terrarium which had no growlights, etc. I just used a ten gallon tank, glass cover, and et the sunlight do the work. Try misting the tank more often and slackii could take less high temps.

humidity- probably 60%-80%
soil- sand,peat moss,small bit of perlite, and a top dressing of lfs
water-my whole terrarium has an inch of watter at the bottom, i mist 1-2 a day and water 1-2 a week.
temperature- i just looked and it raised up 82F

thanks
mike

sounds too hot for slackii. they can take it, but in my experoience, not consistantly. Humdity sounds good. try making temps around 65F?

Back