What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help someone droped my dew!

Hi people

I'm new to this forum, and I would like some advice.
I got my sundews(cape sundew and a D. spatulata) today and it looked like somebody droped and kicked it around the block a couple of times. It had dirt and some missing leafs, I
just want to know if it was a good idea to repot the two, since half of the orignal soil was missing. And if i should take a knive and cut the leafs off that were damaged in this brutaly abused plants of mine. Thanks.......
sad.gif
sad.gif

Repot the plant in the same mix as it was in (50/50 peat/ silica sand works), syring off the leaves with pure water and all should be well shortly. D. capensis is a survivor.

thanks for the help again. I had another question for you. Some of the dew tentacles looked liked there died or dieing what should I do....

Thanks for the help. I got 4'' deep pot today. Will repot asap... And thanks for the syringe advice too....
biggrin.gif

Back