What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaarrrhhhggg! i'm so mad! why does it have to

ARGH!!! WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GREAT WITH MY PYGMIES, AND WHEN THEY FINALLY FLOWER, ALL OF THE LABELS GET MIXED UP!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'll post pics soon so you can all help me re-identify them, lol. Good thing they're flowering!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

The same thing happened to me last summer! :-( The squirrels decieded to make life interesting, and I am still sorting through it all, trying to keep it straight. Even in flower, these are tricky little debuggers to ID, but I will help you to the best of my limited ability. Since most of what I grow I have only grown for the past single season, I have a lot of internalizing to do regarding this section of Droseracae.

Here are the pics! all I know is that they came from tamilin (THANKS!
smile.gif
) and 1 should be pygmy drosera #1, pygmy drosera #2, and Drosera pulchella x niticlula ssp. omissa

pygmy.jpg

Image03.jpg

Image01.jpg

I know, they're not the best pics, but I hope it helps. all of them have flower stalks on them, but you can't see them, I will post pics of the flowers when they open

The top 2 photos look like D. ericksoniae x pulchella, but one is likely to be nitidula x pulchella. The bottom one is likely to be D. pygmaea, or possibly D. occidentalis var. microscapa. When they flower I can tell you more. D. ericksoniae x pulchella has pink flowers, nitidula x pulchella has white flowers with red knobs on the styles. D. pygmaea is easy to recognize too, so not to worry.

Back