What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae not making dews

i brought a d. adelae from a local garden shop a few weeks agon . it was very healthy and was in the correct media lfs , and everything even dews . but when i brought it home the dews were all gone . i thought it might be in shock so i put iti n my terraium . but it still ahs'nt made dews and now the tencles are all dried and shriveled . whats the probelm , my other dews are making dews .

What are you lighting conditions? D. adelea does not like direct sunlight and can be grown in a shaded area.

They also like it very wet. It can be very hard to keep them growing. If it dies don't throw it away, it will send up new plantlets from the roots almost every time. Even after a few months with no growth.

i grow it in shade , lots of water , yah i did know that they are easy to proapgate , i just don't know the problem . i'm not fertilizing it , i yhought these dews were easy to grow .

D. adelae is tempermental, but reproduces so well that it usually remains in collections once it enters them. It could be that the leaves were affected bylow humidity. If you have growth from the center, the plant will return, if not, then keep the pot in cultivation and the roots will produce new plants in short order. Try to keep the humidity high as possible until it adjusts or produces new plantletts.

Back