What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boy can growing Drosera aliciae be fusterating

I re-potted my aliciae's cause the growing points started to turn black, but now, after transplanting, the leaves are less than half of their original size!!! same amount of water, same light, same everything, except the soil, it was in a very peatlitey mix, now it's in a peat/sand mix, witha pinch of pearlite, whats wrong?

Spec,
What size of pot was it in and what size is the new one, also, how long ago did you transplant it?

Other than the leaves being smaller, do the look as healthy or healthier than they did before?

it's in a windowsill planter, and the leaves look healthy, but way smaller

awz, it's probubly just transplant shock, or it's making use of the new room by focussing on root growth, OR it's preping to flower. But transplanting can do a number on a plant, my VFT had 6 inch leaves untill I had to transplant it because it couldn't handle the pure peat it came in. Right after transplant is pulled all it's energy out of it's leaves and started new ones, and you know what? The new leaves clock in at just under 2 inches
tounge.gif

same thing for mre to , i recieved a d. aliceae a while ago and it just stopped growing , actually it neevr grew . i don't know what the the problen is

Back