What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera dielsiana

Hey,

This is a photo of my D. dielsiana living happily in my outdoor mini bog with some D. capensis, S. oreophila, S. x judith hindles, and a vft. It has two flower stalks currrently up as seen here:
D.%20dielsiana.JPG

I took a leaf cutting from this plant a while ago which sprouted into two little 1cm rosettes looking pretty good I'm trying another right now. I'll see if seed is produced, but I'm kind of a newbie with collecting seed.

Capslock

Thanks for sharing the photo. I have some small seedlings that are struggling a bit. I hope some of them make it. D. dielsiana is a very beautiful sundew.

Very nice photo. I have seeds for this plant. Youv'e inspired me to sow them this weekend.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Here's a pic of my leaf cutting:

Drosera%20dielsiana%20cutting%201.JPG

Capslock

Nice pics! In the first pic, as soon as I saw the sundew, I immediately thought of my fluffy little Pomeranian, Fluffy! LOLOLOL

Your picture of D. dielsiana is really cool. How big is your minibog? In the pic it looks pretty big!

-buckeye

cool pic , i just moved my d. dielsiana from greenhouse to outdoors to ge more light and right now it is really pink .

Your post got me thinking. I planted some D. dielsiana seeds awhile back, had some good germination, but lost the plants over a weekend. I kept the pot somewhat damp in hopes that a seed(s) would have sprouted late. Well, I am happy
tounge.gif
I have one seedling living. Thanks for posting this, as it reminded me that I too have this plant.
smile.gif

buckeye, my minibog is just a bowl about 15" accross. It's a bit crowded in there, as I didn't expect some of the sarracenias to get as big and full as they did. The D. diesliana took a little while to adjust, but now seems happy as a clam out there. It was also the first of the cuttings I did that day to sprout, so hopefully it's easy to propagate again!

Nick, good luck with that seedling! I bet seeds are harder than leaf cuttings to keep alive!

Capslock

Back