Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: South African Droserae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi seandew, I have my scissors in my hand!

So Friday is off, and I just got my car fixed!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding D. pauciflora leaf cuttings, it's best not to cut them off as you require as much of the petiole as possible. Just grab lower leaves from opposite sides of thye rosette and pull gently!

Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flowers of Fernkloof

Although this is supposed to be a gallery of D.cistiflora in its natural habitat, the second row and first column/third row appears to be D.glabripes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful photos, and I agree the plants you mention sure look like D. glabripes to me as well.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all,

I'm sorry I've not got back with info on D. coccicaulis. I'm busy again It seems to have gone very quiet here anyway.
    The only info I could find was the ACPS article that Tamlin mentioned earlier. Perhaps the information further to this that I thought I had was from pers comm with Robert G.

Whatever the Drosera is, my plants are stem forming at about 10cm tall. If there is a little time tomorrow I'll get some pics. How big does D. venusta get?

For those interested, D. aliciae x collinsiae looks like it may get to flowering size this season. I have had no luck with any other collinsiae hybrids. I hope to cross D. burkeana with D. madagascariensis this season to see if it looks anything like D. collinsiae. Has anyone tried this? Has anyone even been able to get these two to flower at the same time? I may try some sort of shock treatment to get my D. madagascariensis to flower early. Has anyone experimented with shock treatment of any species? I think heat and light may be the go.

Thanks
    Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks
    D. admiralibis...did we ever come to a conclusion on it's species status? Greg mentioned something about documentation supporting this but I can't seem to find any (I think I'm digging in the wrong places). Also, can anyone post any pics showing admiralibis and cuinefolia side by side?

Greg, I'm fascinated by you hybridization attempts. I'd love to see pics of the parents and offspring. Also if any of these hybrids are self fertile are they stable? It may be germane to the discussion of keying south african drosera if some of these plants are freely hybridizing and confusing taxonomist everywhere. Also, I'd love to know what degree of heterozygosity these plants exhibit...I have not grown enough seedlings to know from experiance.

Peace
    Damon
    Nothing needs so reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an image of D.cuneifolia (my plants are only seedlings) but here is my D. admirabilis.

This plant is less than an inch across and three years old.

Sean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean,

Thanks for the great pic. I wish that my plant looked yours but it doesn't. My plant is about 1 1/2 inches in diameter and has is longer leaves relative to its width, like a isosceles triangle. The only think my plant has in common with yours is that it is green with scarlet tentacles...so I guess I'll have to wait until I can post a pic to Id it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Another victim of unintentioned mislabeling

Damon
    Nothing needs so reforming as other people's habits.
    -Mark Twain