What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got some D. auriculata seeds..

schloaty

Staff member
Hi everyone,
  Just got me some D. auriculata seeds (thanks Owen&#33
wink.gif
, and I have done some research on the internet, but it only tells me how to cultivate the plant, not sow the seeds (well, it might, but I grew quite impatient&#33
wink.gif

1)  Anyway, anyone have some tips?  I know this species is summer dormant, so does that mean I should heat-stratisfy (spelling?) my seeds?  

2)  Can these guys skip their first dormancy period like VFT's and Sars?  I would prefer to sow them now, and not have to wait until fall. (again, impatient.  I know I know)

Those are the biggies at this point, but any other advise as far as the seeds go would be welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Aha! Never mind! (Mod can delete this post if he or she so wishes). Owen sent me a link I somehow missed....Gotta lay off the sause!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
wow.gif

Hehehe.
tounge.gif

That link should have just about everything you need.

u plant them on sand untill and keep dry untill winter ur time (im australian) and then u keep the soil wet under a light but not in a terrerum and keep realy wet untill u notcie germination ,but if they don't germinate don't throw them out dry the soil out and try again next winter it can take up to 7 years! to germinate....and no they need there dormancy thats why there so fun to grow,but if u decide when the plant when dies down that u wont to keep on growing them keeping it with out no dormacy and u keep the soil moist the tuber will rot and the the plant is history
sad.gif

Back