User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sundews in a "long" tank

Schizandra and prolifera might not do well if the light is too strong, I recommend either growing these off to the side if possible. The best specimens I've seen of these were growing off in a corner, away from direct light. Anyone have excellent luck with either of these 2 giving them strong light?

Regarding colored pots, I use green pots but would prefer white pots since they will reflect more light. Anyone know of a good source for a variety of sizes of square white pots?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen square white pots for sale, but see them fairly often at nurseries/greenhouses with plants in them. So somebody has to supply the growers with this type of pot. Perhaps if you could find a nursery supplier they might have them. Or maybe you could get a greenhouse to special order some for you. They would be nice to have.

Suzanne

I used to get small ones locally but cant find them anymore. I called a couple pot manufacturers and they don't have them. I've seen translucent ones for orchids (which I think are cool because you can check root development) but I dont think they would be good for Drosera since they probably don't like light on their roots...Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schizandra and prolifera definitely want lower light and cooler growing conditions, and respond best for me at least in these conditions. You can also include adelae on that list. The Queensland Sisters hate sunlight and heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my plants are doing OK.

I have two adelae, one went into the bathroom behind a frosted, southern-facing window, and seems to be doing OK there. The other is in the tank and looks to be OK with it. I removed the reflective bottom to reduce some of the intensity. The rest of the dews (a spath, a capensis, and something else) are "dewing" OK. One is flowering.

As to pots, I am manufacturing my own by using Pronto clay and several coats of acrylic sealant. The clay takes a long time to dry, but since I don't have a kiln...

--Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12