What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you all aint too busy... :)

unknownclown

BoooOOOOooooo!!!!!
Hello I have been looking ALL day trying to find a byblis linflora to buy and the closest thing I have came to was seeds. This is starting to drive me nuts I guess if the only thing I can get is seed I'll get it but I was hoping maybe one of you might know where I can find a plant(or 2
smile.gif
).

oh I almost forgot... use the messenger service if you decide to help me out
smile.gif

These are very frail and delicate plants, and I doubt they would ship well. I suggest you try the seed if you can find it, you'll probably have better success this way.

HEy UC

I believe the ICPS seedbank has some. If you aren't a memeber I think you can still get them.

ANd Mr. Tamlin is right, I have heard these plants don't survive shipping.

So seed seems to be the only option
smile.gif

Seed gets my vote as well. Like Tamlin said, they are very fragile plants and I can't imagine shipping one. And I've heard that is why most CP sellers don't offer plants...don't want the hassle of complaints from dead or dying plants.

Seed seems to be hard to find though. Good luck!

Suzanne

unknownclown, where's your seed source? I've been looking and would really like to add these to my collection.

(Edited by Dyflam at 6:49 am on May 10, 2002)

(Edited by Dyflam at 6:49 am on May 10, 2002)

And might I add have fun using the smoke method of "smokification" to get them to germinate.
smile.gif

Nep G, Byblis liniflora seeds don'r require ANY treatment before sowing. They germinate very easy and grow into flowering size plants in just a few months. Thats another reason why you are beter off using seed!
Byblis gigantea seeds however are very tricky to germinate. They need to be smoke treated or soak the seed in gibberelic acid. I managed to germinate 8 seeds last year but the plants died during the winter. I am going to give it another go this year!!!

Back