Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Drosera mass giveaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Oh cool, maybe I can find some sand now.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow William, you're giving away plants for free, with no shipping? You definately are my nonomee (sp?) for most generous man in the world! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] and if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to ship peteolaris drosera? (if you give away peteolaris)
    -Spec [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

It will be up to the individual generosity of forum members as to how long this will go. If I have to pay all the shipping, it isn't going to go far. Donations will keep the ball rolling. It is not up to me to say "How much" per plant, and I'm not going to. I like to think of it like this, Your plants are free, and the money you send will "purchase" the plants for the next guy, who may not be as flush as you. Generosity has to be a personal thing, it can't be required. I believe that I can count on the generosity of friends to make this work in a way far better than if tried to sell the material, and use the proceeds to continue my efforts. Time will tell if this is true or not.

Sorry to disappoint regarding the petiolaris, but I lost most of my plants in the winter freeze that decimated my collection. Although I have a great quantity of plants to offer, these plants will not be among them. Perhaps next season if I can manage to get more of them and have a little success in reproducing them this will be possible, but right now I am looking myself.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,

I must echo that you are most generous. I hope that your collection won't shrink too much despite your situation.

BTW, is that "D. palacaea var. roseana" plant the same as the D. C-1 gemmae you sent out?

Also, do you rinse your silca sand before use? Thanks.

Best regards,

A.Y.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, you rock!
    I just procured myself a new tank....I'm going to keep my eye's peeled in the trading forum...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emesis,
    Lol, my collection is growing by leaps and bounds and I need the space for the 30 pots of sown seed I have started. Next year or so will see me providing some of the hard to find Brasillian species. I just sowed:

Drosera montana var. tomentosa, Botumirim, Minas Gerais State, Brazil
    Drosera graminifolia, Itacambira, Minas Gerais State, Brazil
    Drosera graomogolensis, Itacambira, Minas Gerais State, Brazil
    Drosera “sp “Emas” Itacambira
    Drosera capillaris “Praia Do Imbe Rio Grande Do Sul Brazil”
    Drosera chysolepsis Serra do Cipo, Brazil
    Drosera graminifolia “Caracca”
    Drosera montana var. tomentosa Morro do Jambeiro, Grão Mogol, Minas Gerais, Brazil
    Drosera villosa var ascendens
    Drosera sessilifolia

so you can see, there are good things coming in a season or two. I am particularly interested in finding good homes for this material when it is ready to be given away. These species are rather difficult to obtain and usually expensive when they are obtainable at all, so this is an area of cultivation that needs all our attention.

And yes, I always rinse the sand to get the TDS down before using it.

"Grow More, Share More"

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sweet! ...and thanks! *wipes tear* amazing how you can have such good friends and never meet them. I meet this guy on the internet on an rc airplane forum. I helped him build a Zagi 400. I scanned in my instructions with written notes that made it easy for me to understand. we have talked for about 2 years now. as fate would have it, his dad lives here in Tucson. and is getting married on the 12th of this month. so he is in town. he came over yesterday for a while. we had dinner talked and he gave me a web site. on his own personal server in his living room in Texas. I now have available to me 80 gigabits (&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] of storage. (that is 80,000 megabits!&#33[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] so my page that I just started ( http://mywebpages.comcast.net/adnedarn/) will probably be forwarded to my new site once I get it started. (bobz I know you are linking to my page for quite a few things ( ) so I will let you know when the links change) just something I thought I would share. ...long live friends and shall friends live long!
    Later,
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want a D. tamlinosa... ;-)

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast