Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Drosera mass giveaway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a BEAUTIFUL day it is, and to celebrate the beginning of another growing season, I will shortly be posting a HUGE assortment of Drosera species that I hope to offer you all for my usual price: your thanks, or an optional donation. I believe I will have around 20-30 species to offer this year, thanks to the continued generosity of the worldwide community. This includes some rare species which I have managed to secure from various Botanical Gardens throughout the world, and beautiful plants from seed sent to me from the far distant corners of the Earth for my seed testa project. I have said before that I want everyone to have what I have, and that what goes around comes around. It is about to come around to YOU.

I regret that this offer can only be for those in the U.S.A. If donations support international shipping, this might change. I hope so.

I don't know how long I can continue to ship. That will depend on the generosity of forum members. I will send out plants until I am broke, lol, and with my income that won't take long. I have been kicking around the idea of trying to sell them privately, but have since abandoned this concept. I can't sell plants to my friends, and well, you are all my friends!

This is going to be my little way of showing my appreciation for all the awesome gestures of generous sharing that has been afforded to me. If I have said to you "I want to send you a box of plants" now would probably be a good time to let me know :-), but please, email me at tamlindd@yahoo.com!

Expect the post in about 2 weeks on the Trade Forum. Let's work together to flood the world with plants and Joy, and celebrate the gifts of friendship and sharing that is what these Forums are about.

Does this sound ok?

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sound ok? Sound ok? of course its ok. Its fantastic! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I cant believe how much generosity comes from you.
    There is no doubt about it. You are the most jenerous man in the world. If there were an award of such this you would get it, no doubt about that. I will be looking forward to this post.

Thank You!
    Mike
    Lover of Mexican Pinguicula

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Tamlin. I agree that this should definately be by far more than 'ok'. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] It's like christmas with a different tree everyday for a month. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img]

And i'm sure that there is an award out there somewhere that he will get one day. If it doesn't show up and present itself, i'll hunt it down and bring it to him. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, Tamlin, what's that D. palacaea var.roseana growing in? Is that a layer of sand underneath or something else?
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, ok, knock off the gushing all I am doing is sending some bits of this and that to my friends. Let's save the statue for Phill Mann, hey?

The plant is growing in a 70/30 silica sand/peat mix, with a bit extra sand on top. Not 100% sure positive of the ID though, but it's my best guess.

Please folks, don't PM me on this, my mailbox gets stuffed. There will be no reservations accepted. Details will be posted at the trade forum soon. If you have comments or suggestions, post to this thread please.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I need to find some sand around here. All I have is some slightly dirty looking hoffman's "Western Desert Sand". I end up using mostly perlite with peat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,

Great job again! You are a very generous person [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    I have always wondered about spreading white silica sand on top of a compost to increase the reflectiveness of light.

Regards,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vertigo,

Try swimming pool supply dealers: silica sand is used in pool filters - an excellent grade of coarse sand. I get it for 8.00/50 lb bag.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check that out Tamlin. Thanks, that's a really good price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast