What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaking of gemmae!

mine i have got by BCK has a small root system

recived and planted my gemmae today...

thanks, chris

i guess i'll be part of this too as i am very limited on pygmies . I'll take :
D. paleacea spp. roseana
D. paleacea spp. stelliflora
D. ericksonaea X pulchella
Thanks Dustin for your generous off , i will send the sase on tommorow .

OK the species left are:

D. palecea spp. roseana
D. palecea spp. stelliflora (LIMITED)
D. ericksonae x pulchella

D. scorpioides is only going to be SASED to a confident grower with lots of pygmy expierence.

D. nitudula spp. nitudula is out. I only had 1 plant in ym collection this year due to the greenhosue freeze last winter...the sole survivor he is!

D. palecea spp. stelliflora is very limited also, but put it on your list and I might thorw soem in.

This is almost a "surprize" sase. Next year I will plan better to ensure how much I have of what and how many people I can accomodate.

With what you are sending out this year you will hopefully have other suppliers to help you get gemmae to everyone next year.

I love this forum and the generous people on it, spreading the wealth.

Copper, what I usually do is SASE the extra gemmae I don't need. So in reality I only keep about 25-30% of the gemmae harvest the other 75-70% go to the growers. It's simply 'garbage' to me because I could not possibly support that many pot or that many more mouths to feed! Althought the drosera do a good job at nabbing the nasties in the greenhouse like the occasional hornet and icheneumeon wasp which can lay eggs in my greenhouse woodwork inside and the larvae would do work similar to termites.

Got alot of letters today! Don't be surprized if your request is backed up I will do my best ot get them out. My material is very fresh but giving it more time to produce is the factor of delaying. Thanks for understanding.
smile.gif

Well got them all packed and ready to go! Another surprise! 2 hours of gemmae harvesting fun fun. They'll go out tomorrow.

Yay! Thanks NepG for taking the time. We all appriciate it!
Andrew

Just another excuse to stay in the greenhouse that much longer.
wink.gif

If I had a greenhouse I'd probably never step out of it.
smile.gif
Lucky you! And thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

I am going to have to build one this summer! I love these plants!

I should be the one thanking you guys! Taking all this 'waste' material off of my hands, and I know it'll go to good use.
smile.gif
Next year, I want to do a donation with it all...just to get rid of it! Even the rare species are becoming prolific "gemmaers" lol.

thanks dustin , i got the gemmaes today , i got more then expected , no wonder you said you had wayyyyyyy too many , i was glad to plant them although it was a pain trying to put the gemmae on the soil without squishing them or getting them buried , thats why i used a spray bottle . thansk again .

got mine in on thursday
THX for that suprise
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Hey,

Got my D. Pulchella and D. Paleacea spp. Stelliflora on Saturday. Thanks so much! Unfortunately, the D. Paleacea spp. Stelliflora looks like it dried out in transit, so I don't know if it will make it.

Thanks!

SF

The palacea ssp roseana and ericksonae x pulchella are alive and growing well  
smile.gif
They are rooting in both the custom 8" PVC pots and my pygmy community pot!

-Homer

Glad everyone is having great luck with this. Only person was over in Singapore that didn't recieve my return SASE.
sad.gif
But look on the bright side, everyone else got theirs and the gemmae success rate is very high!
smile.gif

Yes, thank you for providing quality gemmae at a great price! Free! Your actions are much appreciated!

SF

Yes, Thank you very much!  Do you also need more bags.  I am putting in the order and need to know who to separate them amongst.  Do not be afraid to add what you will need next year.  I will separate them off after I get them so it will be a while yet.

Sadly my stelliflora also appears to have dried out in transit, but at least one will make it. It has several leaves already out. Give it a little time.

Back