User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 65 to 72 of 84

Thread: Speaking of gemmae!

  1. #65
    Copper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hastings NE
    Posts
    2,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With what you are sending out this year you will hopefully have other suppliers to help you get gemmae to everyone next year.

    I love this forum and the generous people on it, spreading the wealth.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

  2. #66
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper, what I usually do is SASE the extra gemmae I don't need. So in reality I only keep about 25-30% of the gemmae harvest the other 75-70% go to the growers. It's simply 'garbage' to me because I could not possibly support that many pot or that many more mouths to feed! Althought the drosera do a good job at nabbing the nasties in the greenhouse like the occasional hornet and icheneumeon wasp which can lay eggs in my greenhouse woodwork inside and the larvae would do work similar to termites.

  3. #67
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got alot of letters today! Don't be surprized if your request is backed up I will do my best ot get them out. My material is very fresh but giving it more time to produce is the factor of delaying. Thanks for understanding. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #68
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well got them all packed and ready to go! Another surprise! 2 hours of gemmae harvesting fun fun. They'll go out tomorrow.

  5. #69
    Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona USA
    Posts
    8,432
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yay! Thanks NepG for taking the time. We all appriciate it!
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

  6. #70
    Nepenthes Specialist nepenthes gracilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Alexandria Bay, NY Z-5a
    Posts
    6,341
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another excuse to stay in the greenhouse that much longer. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

  7. #71
    Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia/Zone 7
    Posts
    10,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a greenhouse I'd probably never step out of it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] Lucky you! And thanks for sharing. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

  8. #72
    Copper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hastings NE
    Posts
    2,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to have to build one this summer! I love these plants!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Speaking of flowers
    By xvart in forum Sundews (Drosera), Byblis, Drosophyllum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM
  2. Speaking of bugs
    By schloaty in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 09:41 AM
  3. Speaking of cuttings...
    By schloaty in forum Tropical Pitcher Plants  (Nepenthes)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-13-2003, 11:41 PM
  4. Speaking of drool...
    By Spectabilis73 in forum Tropical Pitcher Plants  (Nepenthes)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 03:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •