Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pygmies all dead...:(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after discussion about palcing pygmies outdoors, i tried it. They were shaded for awhile aand then gradulally introduced to stronger light. well, after 5 days, all are dead. (D.nitudula X occendatlis).im proabbly giving up on pygmies now, as i only have 3 nitudula X occendatils and 3 occendatlis left. all are douing poorly. Well, thnaks anyways-Zach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is to bad they all died. [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] Not saying I can fix your problem on D.nitudula X occendatlis but what kind of things have you done to try to keep them alive? I am sure people here at PFT forum can give you tips on how to keep them alive. I would just like to see you keep on trying. As my san goes "I will never be done" from a kid I heard when I was floating down the river. The kid had a toy and told the other kid "I will never be done with they toy as long as you are here". Any who sorry to hear about your sundews and wish you better success on other plants [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img].

Travis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well be happy you at least you have sundews! I have none!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Zach

I'm so sorry to hear about your pygmies. Are you sure the sun killed them or were they not doing well before you put them outside?

Don't give up on them. If everyone who killed a flytrap gave up and never grew one again, there would be NO CP growers! :-)

At any rate, I am sorry...I know it sucks to lose plants.

Travis...that quote from the little kid is a hoot!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Suzanne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys. wel, i think they died because they were already doing poorly inside. well, i probably will still do pygmies..just not alot. im all for sundews though [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] . thnask and cya-Zach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zach,

I should be able to send you some plants once my income starts incoming:-) so don't take it too hard. They will be acclimated to outdoor conditions too, I'm just not sure how well they will transplant at this stage of their cycle. If all else fails I will have a lot of gemmae to offer you in the fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zach,
    I already shipped some mature D.nitidula ssp. omissa x occidentalis ssp. occidentalis(D.x'Lake Badgerup') and a bunch of smaller ones to you today. They should probably arrive by Wed.

I would grow them outside once they arrive. They should have little problem outdoors if they are not too stressed. The only problems I can see with pygmy droserae grown in a terrarium are:
    1. The environment inside the terrarium is too humid. Personally I have found that my pygmies grow best outdoors in my area where the humditiy is around 40%-50% with higher humidity at night.
    2. There is inadequate light(or the wrong photoperiod).

I water my pygmies from above and keep the medium only damp. Some pygmies require a dry summer dormancy, but D.x'Lake Badgerup' does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel too bad Zac bcs I just waxed two of mine (pulchella I think) due to low light. Even the guy I bought em from told me I shouldn't grow them in a terrarium but I didn't listen and they are now fertilizer. Everybody kills their share of CPs anyway. I have killed approximately 4 sundews, 3 neps, 2 Cobras PP, 1 Sarracenia, and a VFT. I better stop this message before I make anyone else as depressed as this is making me [img]http://www.**********.com/iBhtml/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast