What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seeds

do these seeds benifit from scarification (yes I know how small they are thats not the question, lol&#33
wink.gif
Also, I'm getting some rotundifolia seed, should I put it in the fridge untill spring or is it okay to sprout them now?

No, no scarification, for any of them. Personally, I would wait until early spring for the rotundifolia, otherwise it would require a month in the fridge after being planted (cold stratification).

I am not sure what you are asking: scarification is the manual removal of the seed coat. D. rotundifolia does not require this treatment .

Cold stratification is required for germination. I suggest you put the seed in the fridge and wait until spring. The North American temperates do not like to grow out of season.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Sep. 27 2002,10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not sure what you are asking: scarification is the manual removal of the seed coat.  D. rotundifolia does not require this treatment .

Cold stratification is required for germination.  I suggest you put the seed in the fridge and wait until spring.  The North American temperates do not like to grow out of season.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
technicly, scarification is just nicking the seed coat so it can absorbe water more easly. I'll wait for spring, thanks for the advice
smile.gif

Back