What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mwhahahahahahahahahaha!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
A couple days ago, right around twilight, I was out grooming the cps when I feel a prick on my leg. I look down and there's a dang mosquito!!! It was one of those black ones with the white stripes... wierd looking. Anyhowees, I plucked it off my skin, yes, with my fingers, and somehow that stunned it...
confused.gif
... so after I plucked it off my skin, I carried it over to guess who! The sundew! I put it on the biggest leaf and it got all stuck and I'm like, ''Now you see what happens when you bite me?'' LOL!
tounge.gif
The next day, I come out to tend the cps and I see that the sundew is happily(and hungrily)enjoying the troublesome mosquito, with it's bristles wrapped all around it!
biggrin.gif

BTW, it is still feasting on it
biggrin.gif

Revenge! I GOT MY REVENGE!!!

Black mosquito with white stipes would be an Aedes porbably A. albopictus A pleasant mosquito that is the vector for such fun arboviruses as Dengue and recently believed to be a possible carrier for WNV

Oh great... now I gave my little adelae WNV!!!
tounge.gif

FTG I am SO identifying with you on the mosquitoes. We recently had a TON of rain after about 2 months of nothing, so naturally, the skeeters decide it is time to breed.

2 nights ago I went out to work on my plants on the deck, and didn't get 5 steps out the door before a cloud assaulted me. I ran back inside and swatted what came with me dead, but at the end of the day I had about 30 or 40 bites (felt like 80 to a hundred) all over me, legs, arms, chest, neck, back, one on my right cheek, forehead...

Now, I am ok with the occasional bite... but this.. this was pure #### for 2 nights I have had to rub caladryl all over the bites, not because each bite is all that bad, but the cumulative effect of all of them keeps me up and drives me crazy!

Well, last night I went out and didn't get attacked, sprayed the passiflora down with ortho, and checked out my forked dews... oh yes... they exacted a hearty revenge... I stopped counting at 20... and that was on one plant... there must have been a swarm of them out there that night...

now, I seriously wish I had one of those skeeter machiens that attracts them with natural gas, and then traps and kills them... they are so effective you empty their traps out every day, cups and cups worth of mosquitoes... I wonder if I could sell them online as sundew food. (dead of course).... hmmm...

Good idea!!!

FlytrapGurl,

Hmm, don't you think it's odd that the mozzie fed on you and the cp fed on it? So...now that your dew has tasted your blood, aren't you afraid it will try and wrap its tentacles around your pinkie finger at night?
wink.gif

Hmmmm... good thing is, the sundew is OUTSIDE, and I'm INSIDE
biggrin.gif

To paraphrase copper: "You are now one with your plant."
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

YAY! I'm one with my plant! I'm one with my plant!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RamPuppy @ June 13 2003,4:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wonder if I could sell them online as sundew food. (dead of course).... hmmm...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I certainly won't be buying any... plenty here.
wink.gif

Dyflam, tell me about it!
smile.gif

I think my blood type is O-delicious.....DOH!
wow.gif

The Mosquito.. the Alaska state bird..
wink.gif

Back