What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

binata mulitifida sending up a scape...

schloaty

Staff member
Hi guys,
Can you get viable see from selfing a binata multifida? I seem to remember reading that binata's don't readily self, but I can't remember if they can be selfed with "outside interfierence."

Thanks!
(Kirk, if you read this, it's the one you gave me at the show&#33
wink.gif

Binata vary depending on the form. I have one multifida form that selfs very well, and another that is not self-fertile. You will have to try it and see. I also find if you get an open flower wet it will not set seed properly.

Let us know how you go.

Something I have done is a cross of the two forms, non-selfing x selfing and will see if the offspring are self-fertile, but I will have to wait a while as they are only about an inch tall at the moment.

George

Thanks! I'll keep the flowers dry and see what happens....There's also a chance (if I'm lucky) that my binata (regualr t form) will flower also, but I'm not sure if that's a scape just yet....This would solve the problem for sure.

Back