Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. capensis & aphids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had some D. aliciae that was infested with all sorts of things, well, everything but aphids. So, before they dropped off, and got eaten by their food, I put it outside in a container that was an inch to two inches taller than the pot and actually flooded it with water from a hose. (I figured, screw it, plants have two choices, live and grow, or rot and not) The next day it rained, which nicely flushed the tap water...I let that pot soak for 4-5 days, completely covered. Now they sit open in the sun, a really pretty red dew gleaming off the surface, and the growth is really coming back strong. Hehe, oh yeah, it also had that fungus that it's susceptible to that turns the leaves red and leaves it barren of dew. All better. Aren't you glad to hear it schloaty? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif[/img] Weird color green now though, but it's a great contrast to the red.

Hehehe, that's the attitude I like to hear glenn. They're supposed to be food, not eat the eator. Other than that...lady bugs like to eat them...a lot.....Lady bugs could stick to the leaves and eat aphids until the plant eats them, which would be like gut loading a cricket before feeding time. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another effective way of getting rid of these pests is by putting the plant in a Ziploc bag with a small flea collar in the bag with it. Just make sure the collar does not touch the soil or any part of the plant.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    FTG
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt know that you can submerge dews for two days and still have them alive
    I love nepenthes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12