What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

questions......

regia? no way! you'll have to post a pic for me to believe it! what about drosophyllum?

I did root cuttings with Dr. regia and I would advice to only take them during winter because it really harms the plant !

Root cuttings are growing 3-5 times as fast as seedlings (in my experience)

Drosera burmanni (how many "n" and "i" ?) is quite fast and can turn its tentakles in about 2-3 seconds in a 140° angle (at least my plants can do)

You will usually propagate Drosophyllum through seed but cuttings should work, too (I never tried)

so, my question :

Which bugs (Latin name !) live on Byblis liniflora and which ones on Byblis gigantea ?

Martin

Someone catches another one. I've been spelling this one wrong for so long it is still hard to remember the correct spelling.

CP Database for Drosera burmannii
biggrin.gif

Doctor regia, huh?

assasion bugs? I don't know how to spell it,that is how it is pronounced
biggrin.gif

Brrrrt, Drosera glanduligera :) less than a second I hear.

Hi tamlin.

I herad that Dr. glanduligera should be the fastest, too.

But I don't know any person where Dr. glanduligera is so fast in cultivation.

Martin

I didn't know that. It must get sluggish in cultivation. I'll ask my friend who grows it in Australia if he has noticed this. Without a doubt, burmannii is a speedy little thing. Interesting that both sessilifolia, glanduligera and burmannii are in the same section of Droseracae.

Anyone know the slowest moving species?

Suborder Heteroptera, Family Miridae (also known as Capsid bugs) in the Tribe Dicyphini possess the ability to move arround on the extremely sticky trapping leaves of Biblis gigantea, and on some droserae as well.

Suborder Heteroptera, Family Miridae (also known as Capsid bugs) in the Tribe Dicyphini  possess the  ability to move arround on the extremely sticky trapping leaves of Byblis gigantea, and on some droserae as well.

what species of drosera is also called "the octopus plant"? I saw a dros- - - - - - - - - - - labeled as that ( hint: what dros-- has 8 characters?)

Hi there:

From memory, I think they also call the drosera capensis as octapus plants in some store just to get the kids to buy them...
tounge.gif

which droseras seeds germenate fastest?
confused.gif
?*(I dont know answer, I just discover some question.)*

yeah, good question!
aqqquatic Utrics. usually germanate overnight! but dews? hmmmm....
confused.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

That's a tough question, so many of the Drosera that germinate quickly, usually germinate in about the same amount of time (a few days or weeks), while the other, more reluctant ones can take months to years.

My records to Date:

Earliest to germinate: Drosera rotundifolia 'Evergrow' 11 hrs.

Longest to germinate: Drosera arcturi 1 year, 3 months.

that last one was very slowly!!!!
smile.gif

Back