Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quick question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

i just got an Adelae and it is potted in what looks like pure LFS, so my question---> is there any REAL need to repot it in 50/50 sphag. perlite or will it be okie dokie the way it is? thanx guys!
    In bleak description the waves come crashing; battering the very instinct of every lusting moment to fulfill this gaping desire. A mouth as dry as soot and how it once had tasted of life, fit within a momentís time; And how those fleeting days laid in the light of blissful suffering. -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Death66,

Live LFS is my preferred medium for this species. Grow it in lower light and wet for green dewey leaves, or in stronger light if you want a darker colored rosette.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also prefer the long-fiber spagnum..although I dont use live moss..I buy the dried dead stuff (although sometimes some of it greens-up! but not much of it..)

I have tried all the peat/perlite/sand mixes over the years, and havent liked them much..
    last year I tried peat and sand and HATED it! it was very dense and compacted to the consistincy of concrete..ick.
    So now im back to just pure Long-fibre spagnum..im going to stick with it from now on! it stays nice and open, but holds water great..and all the wild Sarracenia I have ever seen grow in it naturally..I dont know what Cps grow naturally in peat and sand! never really saw the point of that particular mix myself..

so no..there is no need to repot! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

thanx peeps, you're the bestest! i shall stay with the LFS and do no work. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    In bleak description the waves come crashing; battering the very instinct of every lusting moment to fulfill this gaping desire. A mouth as dry as soot and how it once had tasted of life, fit within a momentís time; And how those fleeting days laid in the light of blissful suffering. -me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem death..
    btw, is Dream your brother?
    (just curious which death you are.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nopers my friend, it must be a different death in which you speak of. thanx for your help though!!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/alien.gif[/img]