Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brown and dead like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] my pathedic skills in growing sundew may have been lethal this time. All of my big sundew have now turned brown and look very much dead. Should I leave them and prey for new growth or would it be better to put some soil over the top to help trigger new growth (if any is to be found) or what? I'm such a dork with sundew... at least I still have my mini freaks.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some species will return from the roots, just leave it sit as it is and hope for the best.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Tamlin. I feel like such a dork. It seems like I do everything wrong with my sundews. *sigh* Their spatulata so at least they have a chance.
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Darcie @ July 29 2003,05:54)
    Thanks Tamlin. I feel like such a dork. It seems like I do everything wrong with my sundews. *sigh* Their spatulata so at least they have a chance.[/QUOTE]
    I've noticed spatulata seedlings dont like hot temps... got up to 100 in my greenhouse 3 days ago, it wiped them all out [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spec,

Temperatures get pretty hot in the Indo-Asia area where these plants are native, and I have grown them in absurdedly hot situations. The alpine forms are more sensitive, and it seems to me the lighter the color of the flower, the cooler they prefer things to be, but all should be capable of being grown in a greenhouse. Were there any other factors that might have caused them to die off?
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet it was sudden heat shock. Also, if I remember correctly, Spec and I have the same strain of plant, or am I confused? Whatever it was with mine, they all wiped out while the other spiecies in the same pot thrived.
    My Grow List

7. Similar Threads

1. NOOO! Why god why? DEAD DEAD DEAD!
      By Clint in forum Fresh Water Aquariums
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 09-17-2007, 06:29 AM
    2. brown slime??
      By jiana54 in forum Venus Flytrap (Dionaea ) Care Information & Tips
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-29-2007, 04:00 PM
    3. Darlingtonia getting brown
      By Starman in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 08-25-2004, 02:08 PM
    4. Brown darlingtonia
      By sharp229 in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 07-22-2004, 08:48 AM
    5. Brown spots
      By ninja in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 06-30-2003, 08:17 AM