What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae availiable!

I just pm'd you. If there are any left over, I'd be greatly interested!

Capslock

William I am SASEing these guys.
smile.gif

Capslock, after the intial 8 or 9 SASES arrive the plants will need more time to produce more gemmae so it may be a week after I harvest until they will be available again.

Put me on your trade list for D. scorpiodes. I will put together a list of pygmy dews I have to see if we have something different as a possible trade item.

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but scorpiodes is at the top of my list for drosera. Please let me know when you have gemmae and i'll see what i can find in return!

Well we'll have to see if it will produce them...if it is a small amount I will keep them and start more scorpiodes then next year I will have that many more plants to produce that much more gemmae.

Has everyone sent their SASE'S? I have a ton more avaliable! I will accept about 5 or 6 more Sases then if there are some STILL leftover I'll post here again.
smile.gif

I would love to try some pygmy Drosera!!! I will send you a SASE right away!!

but wait! would you like some utricularia in return??? I have many species available to trade!

Hi Dustin,
Why not? I don't have any pygmies yet, and they're really cute! I would be glad to sase you!

I'll send it out tomorrow.

Thanks! You're a gentleman AND a scholar!
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I sent my SASE on the 19th, hope it got there! Then again, we do have a problem with punk kids going through the mailboxes. Email me if it hasn't arrived....
confused.gif

I sent my sase on the 18th... is it there dustin?

If you still have any left, I am interested and will send a SASE.
smile.gif

I would be interested in either species. Thanks!

Drosera scorpioides will not produce gemmae until the short day winter months. This is one of the ones sensitive to photoperiod in my experience. The plants should be treated like Xmas cactus and given no additional lighting after dark from about October on or gemmae may not form.

D. plaeacea ssp . roseana is a bit of an oddball in the pygmy world: most species produce gemmae in the fall and winter.

Recent conversations with Phill Mann have opened up some ID questions regarding the various ssp. of D. paleacea, and I am pretty sure I have made some errors along the way with this and other gemmae I distributed last fall/winter.

We are currently working together to produce a reliable photographic reference for these plants. Phill reviewed the photos that are currently up on the web, and he says there are a lot of mistakes. He would know. I am not surprised as this the taxonomy is very difficult in this section of Droseracea.

Once I have a good picture of which are which I plan on writing an article for the forum. Some things to keep an eye on now is whether the flower sepals are smooth or hairy. Plants should be flowering now, so take a look and remember this as it will help sort it out.

My apologies for any mistakes I may have made, but at least the price was right :)

Whicked, yes your SASE arrived and is in transit. Spec nothin from you. Maybe tommorow

ill sase if you got any more

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamlin Dawnstar @ June 26 2003,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drosera scorpioides will not produce gemmae until the short day winter months.  This is one of the ones sensitive to photoperiod in my experience.  The plants should be treated like Xmas cactus and given no additional lighting after dark from about October on or gemmae may not form.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Ok good! I am glad that I am able to grow them outdoors, or else I would have to come up with another plan about the photoperiod.:)

-Ryan

This might be a stupid question, what is a SASE? I want to know in case I see something later that I would need a SASE for. Thanks

Back