What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gemmae availiable!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We are currently working together to produce a reliable photographic reference for these plants.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Tamlin,

I'm looking forward to this.

I think I messed on labelling between the D. puchella gemmae and D. pygmaea "ESA". Also (if they're) D. pygmaea, they appear bigger than the D. "C-1" (if these are alos labelled correctly.

I'm just surprised that D. pygmaea isn't the smaller out of the two.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LOs Angels Traphole @ June 26 2003,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...what is a SASE?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
SASE = Self Addressed Stamped Envelope

Wow, ya step away for a few minutes... Well, I'll send a SASE just in case! In the meantime, I think I'll try a leaf cutting or two from my scorpiodes as it seems there needs to be some more of them floating around!

Capslock

There has been little success with this method of reproduction for pygmy species, but I encourage your experiment, and hope you will keep us posted of your success or failure. Good luck!

We did experiment with pygmy cuttings. Species like Dr.pulchella and Dr.roseana have been successfully propagated with leaf cuttings. Try to put the leafs in pure water and give them much light, I put them in full sun on my south-facing windowsill (the glass filters much of the UV).

Here is the thread in out German forum, just look at the pictures! http://www.carnivoren.org/cgi-bin....8437552

Good growing!
Jan

OK so this next batch of SASES includes:

D. muscipula
Jmenprkr
Emesis
Capslock
kayaker- yes I would be interested in ANY utric except U. livida.
Schloaty
Mike
Glenn

Spec 73, I just got your SASE today.

If there are any left after this...well I'll ask if any one else wants some more! lol

Nepenthes Gracilis,

Tell me if you still have some available! Cause I would like some if you do!

This is going to sound really odd...

If you have gotten my SASE could you tell me if I actually did remember to put the stamps on it? I seem to have more stamps than I should have...

Hi Dustin,
I hope you got mine as well. It was sent last Friday.
Holden

OK. Snowy Falcon, send your SASE.

Kate, got yours, I didn't notice extra stamps lol.
wink.gif

Holden yours should be to you sometime this week.

My Drosera scorpioides failed to produce gemmae the first season, but the second season they made plenty.

This one doesn't want to sit in tray water, just wants to stay moist. Summer is the problem time for most species of pygmy species, so take care.

I just want to thank Dustin for his generosity and for keeping the ball rolling. If half the folk I shared with last winter do the same this winter, this season should be a very happy one for many growers. Hat's off to you, mate!

Hey if I get gemmae on my scorpiodes this fall, I'll give 'em out here! It is it's first season here, so who knows? It seems happy.

Capslock

Yeah, it's very generous. Hopefully my nitidula x pulchella make gemmae this fall - they are awesome little plants and i'd like everyone to be growing them!

My SASE went in the mail today, Nep G. Thanks!

Hey Dustin,

Thanks for the gemmae! I got mine in the mail today. Woo woo!

if you dont get mine in a week give my gemea away
im suppossed to get some stamp

they came! THANKS! I just got done planting them
biggrin.gif

Hey Nep G.,
I got the gammae yesterday. Thanks! I potted them up last night. Now I'm trying to be patient....

By the way....one of them looked like it was already sprouting
confused.gif
does this seem possible?

Back