Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pygmi progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh hey that reminds me. My one sprout doesn't have any visable dew or hairs and I was sort of wondering if the spiecies is weird or whatever. Anyone with these guys have a photo of an adult?
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcie, if you don't mind, I'm gonna make a journal similar to this. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Darcie @ Feb. 24 2003,9:00)
    oh hey that reminds me. My one sprout doesn't have any visable dew or hairs and I was sort of wondering if the spiecies is weird or whatever. Anyone with these guys have a photo of an adult?[/QUOTE]
    Which species are you refering to, Darcie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim: it's a D. platystigma
    Spectabilis73: Cool, go for it, the more info we have on growth patterns the better [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    There is no item greater in value than life, for without life value would cease to exist.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

In todays news:

D. platystigma= 7 leaflets, and likely to be repotted at long last tonight or tomarrow this sole surviver is thriving, although the exact location of it's dew-drop tendrals has yet to be found (anyone know?)
    D.Paleacea=Invaded by a young moss, these guys don't look like they'll make it. Moss will be aloud to grow untill it readies for reproduction, just in case it is sphagnum. If it is not sphagnum, the top surface of this pellot will be removed and sown with another seed
    S. Purpurea=Enters the freezer for some more winter conditioning
    D. Rotundifolia 'Whales'=Aside from a little clear snotball of something, no signs of life, it enters the freezer!
    D. Capensis 'Typical'= Estimate 60 seedlings, it's survivle of the fittest now, as they duke it out for the 1.5 inch diameter pellot!
    D. Capensis 'Alba'=3 minute seedlings have come forth, but so has a mold, and in equil numbers no less, the mold spots are quickly treated with dabs of rubbing alcohal
    D. pygmaea=Their is hope! A small, dark green um, thing! Yes a small dark green thing as sprouted, but it is currently unclear as to what type of creature it belongs to.
    D. echinoblasta=NC
    S. Purpurea=One seed may have sprouted with the help of a fungi, it will be placed in a seporet container and the fungi removed for further inspection, as for the pellot, into the freezer it goes, tra la la!
    D. Rotundifolia 'unknown'=a light fungi can bee seen at work on the seeds, but appears to be the benificial type that mearly gives the seeds a velvet look. However, should it grow to excess it will be removed (a mold looking just like this helped octobers seeds sprout). Lets hope that mold is frost proof because into the freezer goes this pellot!
    D. Cap.=29 seedlings are visable survivors of the floor a few weeks back. The largest seedlings sport 3 leaflets.
    D. Cap Albino.= The big seedling is NOT a capensis, I repeat, the bigest seedling is NOT a capensis! What exactly does this mean? Is it a freak seed, or are these mysterious Cap.'s actually the less common of the species that start with these letters, or could it be that the little root it sits opon is it's actual mother via vegitative propigation of some compleatly unexpected species?! Only time will tell, but currently Spatulata is suspect. Oh, yah and their are 10 other seedlings!

In other news today: Darcie has gone wacko and is reporting this like a news caster... oh wait the seed swap was done by terrorist... now she sounds like a news caster.

Snapper the flytrap was given a new home today. The move revealed a shocking 14 inch rhysome hidden away within the three inch pot! I bet that's one happy plant.

Octobers seedlings, 11 in all, were moved to a new home today as well. All 11 will be shairing the 4 inch pot untill they are large enough to warrent their own pots, or their precise spiecies can be identified. Resons for the move mostly revolved around unwanted nabors moving in such as snot algea and several freakesh non-vasular plants that look like something from a horror movie! Currently their are 3 different looking types, but it is not clear if this is related to growing conditions or species difference. One seedling in proticular is pink, not green and is being eyed closely.

-Darcie [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] hee hee, I figured I'd have fun with it today.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Today's news:

D. platystigma= Now living in it's slack potted perlight enviornment, the little plantlet has recoverd from transplant shock(or rather humidy change shock as it is still in the origenal peat pellot). It is very strange to have one of the smallest plants in the largest pot, but whatever.

D.Paleacea=NC
    S. Purpurea=now out of the freezer to defrost
    D. Rotundifolia 'Whales'=defrosting
    D. Capensis 'Typical'=growing fine
    D. Capensis 'Alba'=growing fine
    D. pygmaea=NC
    D. echinoblasta=NC
    S. Purpurea=defrosting
    D. Rotundifolia 'unknown'=defrosting
    D. Cap.=plenty with 3 leaves
    D. Cap Albino.= growing fine

NEW:
    D. Aliciea = placed in baggy of water to germinate
    S. Purpurea = Attacked with rolling pin and placed in baggy of water as an experiment in germination.
    D. Capensis 'red' = Too be planted later today
    Old:
    D. Spatulata = feeding on betta bio gold pellot bits, some will need food removed because it swelled up more then I thought it would. Generally happy little plants.

This timeline has run out of Pygmi dews in seedling enviornments. Theirfor, I'm starting a new timeline called Plant progress in general forums that will pick up these other plants and probubly throw in stuff on "adult" plants now and then too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img]
    My Grow List

7. Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12