Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capensis died into black mass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the microbio stuff in the air. The plants grown here are resistant to them.

D.capensis is not. Perhaps if we can get a plant to survive the weather here long enough, we can get a new sub-species?

I hope. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Cindy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the only hope of us growers in Singapore getting a capensis that can spread like weeds here is to get tons of seeds from any willing friends out here and try to germinate them. The seedling or seedlings that can successfully germinate and grow would probably be the fittest and most resistant to whatever microbes we have in the air. Maybe we can than call it the D. capensis 'Indestructable' or 'Super Weed' cultivar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is this microbial stuff in Singapore's air that's so deadly to capensis?

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some of my D cap leaves are drying up toobut my D cap produces quite alot of leaves so its mostly young green leaves without dew, oh and i took off about 6 baby D caps while repotting, i got the roots and the rizhome they look healthy to me,

do you think they will survive?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like the plants could use more humidity-give that a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Er..., unless you live in high-rise apartment, most parts of Singapore usually experience high humidity ca. 60-100% everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My capensis that died actually came back from the brink before. It was drying up very quickly a while ago then it decided to put out new leaves, although paler, but these had dew. Then I decided to repot them and now they're all black. I got a new pot of capensis and it's still quite dewy now but the true test is whether its flower stalk survives to provide seed. That has never happened for me.

Strangely though, yes, the intermedia grows very quickly. And so does filiformis. It's just this capensis!

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it fungus? Mold? I've lost sooo many capensis to this over the years and I don't know why it happens. They just suddenly turn black and die back to nothing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast