What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I sent any of you this plant: a LARGE rosetted pygmy that produces lillac flowers and tons of gemmae, I believe I have found the parentage at last. My plants have flowered, and there is no sign of the red-knobbed styles that are typical of nitidula parentage. I originally thought that this was a nitidula x pulchella, but now believe it is ericksoniae x pulchella. Several other growers of pygmys is Australia have supported this diagnosis, so I feel it is safe to update your labels. Well grown plants should be flowering for you at any time now, so enjoy the show!

Hi Tamlin,
I have a similar plant that I picked up at CC as D.nitidula x pulchella. It is very large(1in+). I also have D.nitidula ssp. omissa x pulchella and it appears very much different from the D.nitidula x pulchella. Do you happen to have a pic of the latter? I will check the flowers tomorrow:)

Hi CpK2,

I do grow nitidula x pulchella and it is vastly different from this plant. The flowers are the give away: nitidula hybrids always produce red knobbed styles. I will send you a photo when I take it of the nitidula hybrid, I still can't figure how to post on this board;-)

Back